GET A $10 ENERGY CREDIT WHEN YOU GO PAPERLESS
Go green with SmartHub
Join the over 1,000 JREC members who have already decided to gain time, security, and convenience by enjoying the benefits of FREE paperless billing today.
- It’s quicker and convenient. Your bill is emailed to you the same day it is compiled, never delayed or lost in the mail. You also have your previous bill statements at your fingertips.
- It’s safer. A paperless bill allows us to communicate personal information straight to you, reducing the risk of lost statements or mail fraud.
- It saves you money! Money is saved by eliminating the cost of paper, ink, and postage; ultimately keeping more money in your pocket.
Effective August 1, $10 will be credited to each newly enrolled member on the following statement after enrollment in paperless billing. This special ends December 31, 2021.
MOTHER NATURE HAS A PLAN, DO YOU?
Preparing for disasters is protecting everyone you love. September is National Preparedness Month making it a great time to prepare so we can protect. Follow these steps to ensure that you and your family are prepared if a disaster were to hit your neighborhood.
1. Have a plan. Talk to your friends and family about how you will communicate before, during, and after a disaster.
2. Build an emergency kit. Click the below Emergency Kit button to find out what supplies you should have in your kit.
3. Prepare for Disasters. Limit the impact that disasters have on you and your family. Know the risk of disasters in your area and check your insurance coverage. Learn how to make your home stronger in face of storms and other common hazards and act fast if you receive a local warning or alert.
4. Teach Youth About Preparedness. Talk to your kids about preparing for emergencies and what to do in case you are separated. Reassure them by providing information about how they can get involved.
You can find more about electric safety on this site and at safeelectricity.org.
Smart Management. Smart Life. SmartHub.
Life is fast, and it can be hectic, but it doesn't have to be complicated. Paying your JREC bill shouldn't be a complex task, and with our SmartHub web and mobile app, it won't be. SmartHub has several features that make managing your account as easy as possible. Whether through the web, smartphone or tablet, you'll be able to pay your bill, view your usage and payment history, and contact us through SmartHub.
ACCOUNT LOGIN - Access your account online using SmartHub;
PAY NOW - No login required;
SMARTHUB HOW-TO'S - Video and Help Sheets on how to use SmartHub App features.
Make Time for Safety
BEWARE of dangers above. Your LIFE depends on it.
Farm Safety & Health Week is September 20-26. Look up and look out for power lines. Fall harvest is the most likely time of year for farm-related accidents and fatalities. Be aware of your surroundings.
HARVEST SAFETY TIPS:
1. Check the height of the farm equipment to determine clearance, should be a minimum of 10-foot safety radius around an electric line.
2. Be aware of the location of power poles and lines, including field entry and exit points, and plan a safe equipment route.
3. Lower extensions to their lowest setting when moving equipment and use a spotter.
4. Never attempt to move a power line out of the way or raise it for clearance.
5. Know what to do if your equipment does not make contact with a power line. It's almost always safety staying in the cab. Call 9-1-1, warn others to stay away, and wait until the electric utility says it's safe to get down.